State Tech disclaims liability for real or perceived loss from use of its information and access technologies. Loss may result from many causes:
- One’s own accidental or ill-informed use
- Power failures, power surges and acts of God
- System maintenance or security policies and priorities
- Violation of policies
- Computer viruses, malicious network traffic, or other unauthorized uses that cannot be reasonably prevented
- Damage that occurs while personal computer equipment is connected to any power outlet or network jack maintained by the College
- Acts of war (declared or undeclared), terrorism, sabotage, or civil unrest
- The College will not defend illegal or abusive actions and reserves the right to prosecute in cases of abuse.
- Opinions expressed by individuals by means of College accounts or services do not necessarily reflect the policies or views of State Tech.
- Unofficial web sites do not constitute official College business or statements, and the College does not endorse or actively monitor the content of these web pages.
LINE OF AUTHORITY
Responsible administrator or office: IT
Contact person in that office: Director of IT
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 16, 2023
Approved by President: August 16, 2023