I AM A...

Parent and Family FAQ

State Tech is here to address questions and concerns regarding your student. Many of the questions asked most frequently by parents are listed below.

If you can’t find the answer you need, please contact the Admissions department at admissions@statetechmo.edu or call 573-897-5000. If we cannot give you an immediate answer, we will work to connect you with those at State Tech who can provide assistance and support.

Contact Us:
Office of Admissions
State Technical College of Missouri
One Technology Drive
Linn, MO 65051
Phone: 573.897.5000
Fax: 573.897.5026
Email: admissions@statetechmo.edu

Admissions Questions

How does my student schedule a tour of campus?

Please submit the online tour request form, or email us at admissions@statetechmo.edu

You may also take a virtual tour of campus by clicking here.

Schedule a Tour

What is the Accuplacer test?

The Accuplacer is a computerized, untimed test to determine skills in reading, writing and math. It usually takes between 1-2 hours in duration, with scores provided immediately upon completion. The Accuplacer may be taken multiple times. State Tech will accept booth ACT and/or Accuplacer scores.

Admissions Information

How can we schedule an Accuplacer test?

Testing is Monday-Friday from 8:00am- 3:00pm; however, prospective students must schedule their own appointment. A fee of $20.00 and a photo ID is required to take the Accuplacer. Outside calculators are not allowed for the algebra portion of the Accuplacer. However, the test will provide an electronic calculator on the screen throughout the test when deemed necessary. Students will also be provided with blank paper and a pencil for calculations. Students living a distance from State Tech may request a remote test at a location closer to home.

Visit Admissions or call 800-743-8324 to schedule your appointment.

Admissions Information

How much do student ID’s cost?

The first student ID is free and then it is $5 for each lost ID reprint.

Academics Support

Will my student’s courses transfer?

For questions involving transfer credit please click visit the MDHE CORE 42 website.

Credit Transfer

How does my student get their State Tech transcript?

For an official transcript, please submit the Transcript Request Form.

Transcript Request Form

How does my student get their class schedule?

They may print the schedule from their myTech account. You can find detailed instructions on myTech Help.

Does the Academic Resource Center (ARC) tutor all subjects?

The Academic Resource Center only tutors general education classes. Tutors for technical program classes are available upon request through each department chair. We also have a full service library available to students.

Visit the Academic Resource Center

Do you help students find jobs?

Yes, we provide lifetime career services.

  • State Tech hosts a Career Expo every year that allows students to visit with over 170 prospective employers.
  • State Tech has an online job search system called “Hire Eagles” available for students and alumni to search for jobs and connect with employers that are hiring our graduates.
  • State Tech also provides assistance in finding part-time jobs. For more information, visit our Career Services department

Career Services Information

Financial Aid - Planning

How does my student receive their A+ and what does A+ pay for?

If you meet the A+ eligibility requirements, you must have a final High School Transcript with the A+ designation sent to the State Tech Admissions Office. If you have attended a college after High School graduation, a final college transcript is also required. Students must complete a FAFSA to receive A+. The A+ Scholarship pays for standard tuition and fees that are required for your degree. It does not cover fees that are program or course specific, books, tools, supplies, or living expenses. Please visit our A+ Scholarship page for further information.

A+ Scholarship Information

Are there scholarships available to students?

Yes, the State Tech Foundation provides over 30 privately sponsored scholarships. These scholarships are available to full-time students enrolling at State Tech. The scholarship deadline is March 15 unless otherwise noted.

Scholarship Information

How does my student apply for scholarships, grants, and / or student loans?

The State Tech Foundation Office offers many scholarships for our students. Information and the application for these scholarships can be found below.

Scholarship Information

The first step to apply for state and federal grants and/or student loans is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is completed at fafsa.gov. Be sure to list State Tech’ school code (004711). Students and parents will have to create an FSA ID at studentaid.gov to login and sign the FAFSA. It is important to keep your username and password for future reference. For any questions about federal student loans and Financial Aid visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/ or contact the State Tech Financial Aid office.

Will Financial Aid pay for everything?

Financial Aid eligibility is determined based on a student’s FAFSA results, grade level, and cost of attendance as determined by the Financial Aid Office. Once you are admitted into a program and have a completed FAFSA application on file, the Financial Aid Office will determine your eligibility and create a Financial Aid Offer for you. This information will be available through the Financial Aid Portal. You will need to compare your financial aid to your charges to determine where you stand financially.

Financial Aid Information

Do I have to do a FAFSA every year?

Yes, each year you plan on being enrolled in college you will need to complete a FAFSA application. The FAFSA will open in December of this year for the 2024-2025 academic year.

Financial Aid Information

Where can I find the details of my student charges?

  1. To access your statement please visit myTech.
  2. Click on the Student tab at the top
  3. On the left side of the page there is a link to myFinancial Information
  4. Once there, you should see a box, myFinancial Account.

Are there any other loan options?

If the federal and state financial aid you qualify for is not enough to cover your educational expenses there are some additional loan options. Information regarding these additional loan options can be found on our Financial Aid page.

Financial Aid Information


What is a payment plan?

Our Interest-Free Monthly Payment Plan Option is an alternative to large annual or term payments and helps limit borrowing. Payment plan forms must be received by the first day of the semester and balances must be paid in full before the end of the semester.  Tuition, fees, meal plans, and campus housing are eligible expenses for the payment plan. Payments are due the first day of each month and a 2% late fee added if payment is not received by the 15th.

Financial Aid Information

Housing and Meal Plans

What is in your room upon moving into campus housing?

  • 2 Loft Beds
  • 2 Desks, 2 Chairs
  • Closet Space (3 drawer dresser in each closet)
  • High Speed Internet
  • Private Bathroom (toilet, sink, shower)

What are my options for student housing?

State Tech offers campus housing for 144 students. Our 9 cottages each contain 8 dorm rooms that can be occupied as single or double occupancy. Visit our housing page below for more information.

Housing Information


State Tech also provides a list of off-campus housing in the community. Visit below for a list of off-campus options.

Off-Campus Housing Information

How do we apply to on-campus housing?

Housing must receive a signed housing agreement and a $350 security deposit.

Housing Application Process

How much does living on campus cost?

For a complete list of our on-campus options and the cost associated visit our campus Housing page below.

Housing Information

What comes in a dorm room?

All rooms come furnished with: two loft-able beds, two desks with two chairs, two closet spaces (3 drawer dresser in each closet). A commons building is also available to residents and their guests. The Commons provides residents with access to mailboxes, washers and dryers, vending machines, a TV, full-service kitchen, two pool tables, and restrooms. Outdoor lighting in the housing community is generous and emergency phone access is available outside of the commons. Security cameras are also available throughout the housing complex.

Next to the Commons is a lawn with BBQ grills, horseshoe pits, and picnic tables.

Housing Information

How do you request a roommate?

Roommates can be requested via Roommate Matching Form. Both students must make this request on their forms.

Housing Application Process

What is a State Tech meal plan?

The Aladdin food service team provides meal options on campus for our students, faculty, and staff in two locations on campus. Please see below for more details.

Campus Dining


Are students required to purchase a meal plan if they live on campus?

Yes, all students who chose on-campus housing are required to purchase a 14 meal per week meal plan.

Meal Plan Information

Extracurricular Activities

What social activities does the college organize outside of the classroom?

We have a variety of clubs to choose from, there is a club for everyone – leadership, honors and program specific. Joining a club is a great way to meet new people and get involved.  Student Government Association (SGA) and the other student clubs host various activities throughout the year.  All activities are free to students and most of them have prizes and provide food.  There are also intramural sports every week.  We offer an assortment of sports throughout the year including individual and team sports. The best way to get involved is to stay informed. You can stay informed by checking your student email, signing up for State Tech Alerts and attending SGA monthly meetings!  Get involved by joining clubs and volunteering your time!  Participating in activities in not only easy, it is fun!

Learn More About Campus Life

How much does it cost to play intramurals?

Intramurals are FREE to all students, faculty, and staff.

Learn More About Campus Life

Is the Game Center inside the Activity Center free for students?

Yes, the Game Center comes complete with video game systems like the XBOX and the PS4, pool tables, ping pong tables, and arcade games and it is all included for FREE with your student membership.

Learn More About Campus Life

Health and Wellness

How does my student become a member of the Activity Center?

Membership is included in the Student Activity fee for all full time students. Visit our Activity Center page for a look at everything the Activity Center has to offer.

Learn More About Campus Life

What happens if my student gets sick on campus?

State Tech does not have a Health and Wellness Center on campus. However; students may seek medical treatment at one of several clinics in Linn. Capital Region Medical Clinic and JCMG Family Care Clinic both accept most major insurance programs. The Community Health Center works with uninsured students on a sliding scale. The Osage County Health Department can also provide immunizations, blood draws, and nurse consultation, but no doctor is on staff.

  • Capital Region Medical Clinic
    916 East Main Street
  • JCMG Family Care Clinic
    1306 East Main Street
  • Community Health Center
    1016 East Main Street
  • Osage County Health Department
    205 East Main Street

How can I send my student a care package?

You can send your State Tech student a care package by clicking HERE.

I am a... a...