I AM A...

Travel Expenses

Reasonable and necessary expenses incurred for authorized College travel can be paid with a College procurement card or reimbursed after the trip via an Expense Reimbursement Request.  Expense reimbursements must be turned in no less than monthly and are due on the 10th of the month for the previous month.  All fuel purchased for travel purposes must be made on a College fuel card.


Methods of Transportation

Employees, with the approval of their supervisor, may select the method of transportation for reasonable and necessary travel.


College Owned Fleet Vehicle – The preferred method of transportation for reasonable and necessary travel is a college owned fleet vehicle.  Reserve vehicles in advance to ensure availability.  Keys and fuel cards are available at the Cashier’s office.


Rental vehicles using State Contract- College owned fleet vehicles should not be used for travel that includes students and/or passengers that are NOT State Tech employees. Rental vehicles (secured using the State contract) should be utilized. Click here for the detailed instructions to rent a vehicle.


Personal Vehicle – The College discourages utilizing personal vehicles for authorized college travel. Personal vehicles may only be used for reasonable and necessary travel related to College business if a College owned fleet vehicle is not available or practical. Employees utilizing personal vehicles for College related travel assume liability for all passengers in the vehicle. The maximum reimbursement rate for use of personal vehicles for official College business is 33 cents per mile. The employee will be reimbursed upon receipt of an approved expense reimbursement report.



Responsible administrator or office: Business Office

Contact person in that office: Jenny Jacobs

EFFECTIVE DATE: August 16, 2023

Approved by President: August 16, 2023


I am a... a...